Summer weather in Safford can be rough. But you don’t have to make a choice between being comfortably cool and saving money on your utility expenses. We’ve compiled some tips to make it easy.
The top thing you can do to stay comfy and ensure energy efficiency is by tending to your air conditioner. ENERGY STAR® recommends keeping your system running dependably and efficiently, and B&D Air Conditioning is able to help. During an AC tune-up appointment, we’ll complete the following tasks recommended by ENERGY STAR and more:
- Tighten all electrical connections and measure voltage and current on motors to ensure safe operation of your system and the opportunity of a longer life for major components.
- Clean the air conditioner’s evaporator and condenser coils as required. Dirty coils require your system to run more often to do its job.
- Check system controls to be sure of accurate and safe operation.
- Inspect refrigerant levels.
- Clean and adjust blower components to assure accurate system airflow.
Another crucial piece to remaining cool is consistently looking at your air conditioner’s air filter. A dirty filter could increase energy costs and damage your equipment, which may lead to premature failure. Our B&D Air Conditioning pros will look at these for you at your tune-up appointment, but you’ll want to check the manufacturer’s recommendations to set up your own schedule to switch them out.
Here are a few other tips to keep your home comfortable and energy-efficient:
- Inspect thermostat settings to ensure your air conditioner keeps you comfy when you are home and saves energy while you are away.
- If it’s cool at night, you can turn off your air conditioner and open your windows. Let the crisp air cool your house for you! In the morning, shut your windows and window coverings to retain the cool air and block the sun’s heat.
- Utilize fans. An ENERGY-STAR ceiling fan will allow you to set your thermostat a bit higher than you routinely would without noting any changes in your comfort level.
- Another kind of fan people often forget about when they’re attempting to keep cool is their bathroom ventilation fan. Make certain to run yours when you shower as well as 20 minutes or longer after you’re done to get rid of the heat and humidity from your house.
- Work to not leave lights on and running many appliances on the hottest days. Obviously, your stovetop and oven are adding heat into your home, but even everyday activities like watching TV, working on the computer, and drying or curling your hair can boost the heat in your home.
If you’d like additional ideas on how to keep your home cool and energy efficient this summer, give B&D Air Conditioning at call at 928-432-6018 or request an appointment with us online.