Make your life less difficult—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures arrive. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a dramatic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service visit from your B&D Air Conditioning pro each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the future. The technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the perks a professional air conditioning service will offer you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of the moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are actions you can do now and all year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your air conditioner, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your exterior unit was covered during the cold season, be sure to uncover it. You can damage your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for big repairs or total replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your B&D Air Conditioning service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during your yearly service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters monthly and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement demands. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may have to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned regularly. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the B&D Air Conditioning team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.