If you want to stay cozy during the cooler months in Safford, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep operating at its best. If you’ve already arranged your annual tune-up with B&D Air Conditioning, you’re right on schedule. Don’t panic if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its peak performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can hurt your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters regularly and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t recommend this enough. It’s a practical way to improve the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the zone around your outdoor unit if clutter has gathered or plants have taken control of the zone.
- To be sure your system is working properly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and gradually increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat guidance or contact us directly.
Keeping you comfortable this winter matters to us. If you want to know more about heat pump maintenance or would like to meet with one of our professionals, call B&D Air Conditioning at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.