Having standard air conditioning service completed at least once a year can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Safford summertime, have the professionals at B&D Air Conditioning perform your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Inspect for efficient airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Check the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it habitually. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call B&D Air Conditioning today at 928-432-6018.