Summer is upon us! Many of us are eager for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To enahance your comfort and actually relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a fun summer in Safford is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While B&D Air Conditioning always recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another time to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter regularly! Replace your air filter per the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can seriously damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s functionality. Trim the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. remember to check the area at least monthly to keep it clear and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable during the warmer weather. If you need to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call B&D Air Conditioning in Safford at 928-432-6018 today.