Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little misfortune, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Safford during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you toasty. While you know the team at B&D Air Conditioning will always be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is needed and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call B&D Air Conditioning at 928-432-6018 and we’ll get your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.