When it’s a little more frigid in Safford you rely on your heat pump to keep you comfortable. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit coming soon. Once a year maintenance service from professionals can keep your system running efficiently and identify potential problem areas before they completely fall apart. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for signals that indicate repair is needed. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running properly. Is it running long enough? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem faint? These symptoms could hint at a slight problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump can’t get out of heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s warm outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by passing refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps change the process and carries refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might point to a simple problem. Your thermostat could need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be changed. It may also indicate a malfunction in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled uniformly. Are your registers all open and clear? If they are and the problem endures, contact an expert to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’ve never heard before, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to book heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The pros at B&D Air Conditioning will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.